Follow Me

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Life Gems with Milan Ervin: Expanding your boundaries to shift your perspective









“Independence is so important to me but knowing when to seek support is just as important.” – Milan Ervin






I define self soul care as taking care of your entire person. How do you practice self soul-care?

I absolutely believe in self soul care. One way that I practice this is by traveling. I highly believe in the work/life balance. 
*****
What is the biggest lesson you've learned about self love and how do you incorporate that into your life?

*****
The biggest lesson that I’ve learned about self love is that it takes YOU to decide what you need and how it will best help to shape not only your spirit but your mentality as well. I would say that practicing self care by traveling has made me so much more independent and open minded to the world around me. It has helped to center my being by humbling my center. The world is so big and wide, it really makes you take a step back and realize the small space we occupy in our own little worlds. Each place that I visit, I take a piece with me (literally& figuratively) and that place in time stays with me and that in itself is comforting. 

 *****
We often see more women than men speaking on mental health wellness. At any point in your life did you struggle with speaking on what you were feeling and thinking out of fear of not being taken serious? If so, do you still feel that way and why?

We’re human, so being flawed comes with the territory, no matter who you are or where you come from. For me, it goes back to wanting to maintain my independence. I have a “do it yourself” attitude when it comes to myself because I often feel that it’s expected or that I don’t want to bother others. Especially if I know I can do it myself. I am learning that it’s ok to ask for help sometimes and I have made progress. I am an older brother with younger cousins whom I was responsible for, so I guess it goes back to that time. Independence is so important to me but knowing when to seek support is just as important. I am a work in progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this post.

Dear Lover Pt.1 Writtten by Krystal Schley

dipped in dark scent of cocoa made the old way like in the forests of Punta Cuna everything’s pure and drips organical...