Follow Me

Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2018

Stamping the Passport: First Stop, Dominican Republic Pt. I

Good summa time vibes have to consist of all or at least one the following in order for your summer to be litty.


1. The Perfect Fits
2. Good Hair
3. A Bae. (new or old, just someone for those warm, summer nights to talk with or..whatevah)
4. Bomb Vacay(whether near or far, a place to relax your mind and let your conscience be free)




Well. My summer thus far has only had one of the above. My hair and fits are cute but pretty regular and a bae?! Chile, that's a post for another day. But bomb vacation, yea I did that! Not only was I able to travel but I went on my first international trip to the Dominican Republic with my uncle and cousins on a family vacation.
 We stayed at the Riu Bambu Hotel in Punta Cana. I've never been to an all inclusive resort before so I don't have anything to compare my experience to but it was really nice. Food and dranks all day and night that I don't have to pay for.. YES PLEASE!!



I don't know if it was the palm trees or the fact the I was on a foreign beach but I immediately fell in love. I didn't fall in love with being hustled on the beach but hey, I cant knock it.
This guy really put an iguana on my head, parrots in my palms ...
then charged me!!!



I went parasailing for the first time ever. I thought I would terrified but it was surprisingly at peace.


Our fourth day there, we went on an excursion at La Hacienda Park which was about an hour away from the resort. We zip lined at the highest peak of 657 feet from the ground. I really tried to capture this moment but being that high was too intense for me. And if that wasn't enough I had to bungee jump maybe 20 ft to the ground. I'm proud of myself for facing my fear of heights. A fear that I didn't tell my family that I had especially since I was the main one convincing people to not be afraid. #AriesIsh However, I don't see myself doing that activity again. I rode horseback on a beautiful brown and white horse named Tobacco who deviated from the trail a few times to eat grass but other than that he was cool.
Me & Tobacco


We went on a safari trip that wasn't really a safari or at least what I would have expected. It consisted of 1 cow, wild chickens, 2 goats and a family dog that I accidentally stepped on but in my defense, he was very small and there was like 30 people in a little space. Then we  drove the ATV's through mud trials to the Anamuya River where we were able to swim and cool off before heading back to the ranch for an authentic Dominican lunch at local restaurant. We were able to see how they make fresh, hot cocoa from actual cocoa nuts off the tree. . We were at the park for about 8 hours and did 7 excursions for $99. Not only a great deal but it was worth the entire experience.
Anamuya River
Milking the cow. Ironically my first time

On the way back to the hotel we stopped at a bodega in one of the neighborhoods. I just got Doritos and a grape soda but what got me excited was being about to trading one of my US dollars for a Dominican peso. I've decided that every time I visit a new country my keep sake will be the local currency.












Dominican peso



The rest of the vacation was trips to the beach, drinking, eating, drinking, dancing, drinking, arguments, and more drinking. Good times!
The people were beautiful. The men were gorgeous and the island was breathe-taking with mountains hills and coconut tress everywhere.
 Mountainous landscape
The air really seemed to agree with my chemistry because babyyyyyy I came back glowing.


There would be a few things that I would suggest when traveling over seas to an all inclusive resort BUT for the sake of time I'll make a separate post about that so look out for Part 2.




I'm looking forward to more stamps very soon ;)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this post.

Dear Lover Pt.1 Writtten by Krystal Schley

dipped in dark scent of cocoa made the old way like in the forests of Punta Cuna everything’s pure and drips organical...